Here is a detail post about Bendy Bones, a new feature of version version 2.78. Bendy Bones are a better version of BBones, with more parameters.
Before explaining features in a video, here are some written notes:
- Control lots of paramters direcly in UI, instead of indirectly set intermediate bones.
- All this parameters can be animated, and can be accessed by a new Keying Set for adding Keyframes more easilly.
- Bendy Bones curvature can be edited on Edit mode for setting a rest pose curve.
- Reference bones can be used instead of parameters. These bones are not only parent/child of Bendy Bones, like it was with BBones.
- When using a constraint where you can set Head/Tail, interpolation is now done on curvature, not on linear interpolation between Head and Tail.
Here is the video (in French) :
If you wan to know more about how to use _Bendy Bones_in rigs, you can watch following videos:
Jason Schleifer de Nimble Collective :
Face Rigging, Daniel Lara :
Back to post list