In the post, I will describe new features about drivers in version 2.78.
Driver creation with picker
Driver creation is now easilier that before:
- You can use Ctrl+D on a property on which you want to create a driver.
- A pop-up is displayed to choose creation mode:
- All from Target will add a driver on each component of property for example, location X, Y and Z). Reference for these drivers is a unique value, defined in next step.
- Single from Target will add a driver on only one component of property (for example, rotation Y).
- Match Indices will a driver on each component of property, based on each component of reference property (if reference has same length: position X, Y, Z on rotation X, Y, Z respectively, for example).
- Manually Create Later works same way than Add driver on Blender 2.77. A new driver is created for each component, but detail data must be filled in on Graph Editor.
- Manually Create Later (Single) works same way than Add single driver on Blender 2.77. Driver data must be filled in on Graph Editor.
Transform Channel variables are created for each transformation properties. For all other type, Single Property are created.
Radian/degree convertion for rotation are automatically added.
Here is a video (in French), where you can see how it works (after a short introduction about drivers):
Keyframes for driver correction
Until version 2.77, when you add a keyframe on a property where there is already a driver, this will add a new F-curve, that will be never used. We can see new keyframes on Timeline, but are not used for animation … That is quite strange.
On version 2.78, new Keyframes are added directly on F-curve of driver. This is now more easy to create driver correction (but you need to mute this driver to add keyframes on it). Here is a (French) video to explain this new feature:
Back to post list